We've improved Giftwhale
We've been busy at work, and we hope you love what we've been working on. See the below list for some of the highlights in this new 3.0 update.
- There are now in built notifications. Currently there are only a few notifications supported, but more will begin to show in the coming weeks.
- There are now whales dotted around the site, here and there (with more to come).
- Various text and content changes through the site to make certain areas clearer and easier to understand what their purpose is.
- The default avatar is now a 🐋 whale (yay!).
- Mobile views have been redesigned to work better on the wide range of mobile devices we have today.
- Forms been improved to make them easier to fill in, and read.
- Navigation and colour scheme has been updated to increase contrast and improve accessibility.
Wish lists and events
- Event and item pages have been updated with a new look which should showcase your wish lists better, and makes them easier to scan through the list of items.
- Event pages can now have different colour schemes (with more on the way) to add that unique touch to your wish lists.
- You can add friends to collaborate on wish lists. This is perfect for wedding lists, baby lists, and lists for children's birthdays.
- You can now reserve items on your own lists if they're for someone other than yourself.
- The dashboard has had it's components improved to make them easier to understand and use.
- Email templates have finally been updated. They're much prettier and easier to read. We hope you like them.
+ There's tonnes of tiny updates all over the site.
The future and what's still to come
There's much much more in the pipeline and this batch of updates is just the start.
Based on your feedback we know there're more features you'd really like to see, and we'll be working hard to get as many of these completed by Winter. Please let us know if there's something you're waiting for and we'll try our best to bump it up the queue.
As always please let us know if theres anything we can do to help, if you have any questions, or want to just have a chat :)
The Giftwhale family 🐳🐳