January 2019 updates
Mark as received
You can now mark items as received to archive them, and move them off of the main wish list area. Once you've marked something as received you're able to see who got you the gift.
This feature is the first part of a new, larger feature, which we'll be releasing in the coming months - more on that soon...
New look and feel for items
The existing buttons and layout of the items always felt a big cramped, so after numerous design iterations we've redeveloped how items are displayed and behave.
We've kept the two main buttons, reserve, and view-online exactly as they were, but you'll notice a few improvements for other functions, such as easier, more intuitive navigation and viewing on mobile devices.
- Extra space was sometimes added at the top of the page when suggesting an item on someone else wish list.
- When you create an event for someone else you will now see what items are reserved by others.
- If you are collaborating on a wish list with someone else you can now move and delete items created by a collaborator.
Released on 27th Jan 2019
Item photos, and automatic fetch
We're very pleased to announce that one of the most requested features on Giftwhale is finally here. We've added the ability to add images to items on your wish lists. This is great as it gives the opportunity to add more context to an item, and can help bring your wish lists to life!
Automatic item detail fetch
You can use our new Fetch button to automatically retrieve the details of an item from a web page link. The Fetch button will attempt to find the image, title, description and price of an item.
This new feature is in it's early stages, so please continue to give us feedback so we can improve it further.
- Small tweaks to the email designs and wording, and also removing a few typos and spelling mistakes here and there.
- Improved the Christmas colour for better visibility and improved accessibility of the text on the page.
Released on 18th Nov 2018