Secret Santa gift exchanges and more
You can now create gift exchange groups, just in time for all your Secret Santa's this Christmas. For some of the features see below
- You can provide information on the gift exchange such as a photo, name and description, and a budget. You'll find it all beautifully displayed on your unique gift exchange page.
- Gift exchanges are private and only viewable by you and the people you invite.
- Only the gift organiser needs to sign up for a Giftwhale account. You can invite anyone with an email address.
- When you draw names, everyone will get an email notifying them that their drawn name is now available to view.
- You can set multiple exclusions, so certain people don't draw other certain people, such as partners.
We hope you have fun with this feature, and please as always provide us with any feedback you like so we can make the system better and better as time goes on.
Some text in the email notifications has been updated to better highlight the important information.
When accessing Giftwhale through a guest account, you will have a better experience navigating around the available pages, with an updated menu.
Guest accounts can now sign up for a full account by just adding a password. Super simple!
Released on 26th Oct 2019
Guest reservation improvements
Editing and cancelling of guest reservations
Guests (users who reserve items with only their email, and don't sign up to a full account), can now request a secret link to view, edit and remove reservations they no longer want. This was a highly requested feature, so we're very happy to release it. No longer will you need to cancel support to solve this. View your guest reservations here.
- Fixed an issue where the notifications page could temporarily error when a deleted user's notification wasn't read until after the user account was deleted.
- Improved the copy to some notification emails to make them clearer to read and understand.
Released on 17th Aug 2019
Finding Giftwhale users has just got a whole load easier. You can now use the dedicated search page to find a user, or their wishlist (if you have their shared code). The best part is, friends and family members can do this without even having to sign up.
- We've updated the footer of the site to provide more information and useful links.
- Our about page has been updated with more up to date information.
- The contact form once again works without having to be logged-in.
Released on 15th Mar 2019
January 2019 updates
Mark as received
You can now mark items as received to archive them, and move them off of the main wish list area. Once you've marked something as received you're able to see who got you the gift.
This feature is the first part of a new, larger feature, which we'll be releasing in the coming months - more on that soon...
New look and feel for items
The existing buttons and layout of the items always felt a big cramped, so after numerous design iterations we've redeveloped how items are displayed and behave.
We've kept the two main buttons, reserve, and view-online exactly as they were, but you'll notice a few improvements for other functions, such as easier, more intuitive navigation and viewing on mobile devices.
- Extra space was sometimes added at the top of the page when suggesting an item on someone else wish list.
- When you create an event for someone else you will now see what items are reserved by others.
- If you are collaborating on a wish list with someone else you can now move and delete items created by a collaborator.
Released on 27th Jan 2019
Item photos, and automatic fetch
We're very pleased to announce that one of the most requested features on Giftwhale is finally here. We've added the ability to add images to items on your wish lists. This is great as it gives the opportunity to add more context to an item, and can help bring your wish lists to life!
Automatic item detail fetch
You can use our new Fetch button to automatically retrieve the details of an item from a web page link. The Fetch button will attempt to find the image, title, description and price of an item.
This new feature is in it's early stages, so please continue to give us feedback so we can improve it further.
- Small tweaks to the email designs and wording, and also removing a few typos and spelling mistakes here and there.
- Improved the Christmas colour for better visibility and improved accessibility of the text on the page.
Released on 18th Nov 2018